Vinyl banners are a great choice if you are looking for a way to get the word out on your next industry event, advertise a sale or promotional offer at your business, or just liven up the interior of your business. Whether you need them indoors or outdoors, vinyl banners offer you a lot more return on investment than other forms of signage.
With the advances in digital printing and ink technologies in recent years, more and more businesses are choosing these banners as their signage choice. The low-cost, combined with the infinite amounts of possibilities available, make vinyl banners a great choice for just about any business. There are many features that set this type of signage apart from the rest, which are as follows:
Vinyl Banners Offer Extreme Durability
As opposed to heavy paper substrates, vinyl offers far superior durability in just about any environment. Vinyl is impervious to rain damage, holds up very well in windy conditions, and is resistant to fading in direct sunlight. This feature makes print banners on vinyl a great choice for outdoor events, in which it is only temporarily displayed, as well as long-term outdoor use as store front signage or promotional advertising. When combined with the right UV curing inks, vinyl banners will last up to 5+ years before needing replacement, and can potentially last even longer in the right conditions.
Vinyl Banners & Ink Technology
With all of the advances in ink technologies in the past decade, you can create custom vinyl printed banners that will resist fading in windy, wet, or sunny conditions. Whether using UV curing inks, solvent inks, or the newest latex inks, you can print a vinyl banner that will last as long as you need it to.
Different Types of Vinyl Banners
- Scrim Vinyl – great choice for 100% outdoor use. Scrim Vinyl is very durable, water resistant and is the most commonly used vinyl for outdoor banners that will be in place for long periods of time.
- Matte Vinyl – reduces glare. Matte Vinyl works very well with banners containing lots of images because of its glare reduction properties. Matte vinyl also allows for a greater viewing angle, allowing you to see the content from a wide angle position.
- Gloss Vinyl – great for vibrant colors. Gloss vinyl is a type of vinyl meant for having a coating on top of the graphics printed. This process makes the colors “pop”, creating a more eye-catching look.
- Blackout Vinyl – great for 2-sided printing. Blackout vinyl contains 3 layers of vinyl, with the middle layer being solid black. This allows no light to shine through, which is required for printing on both sides of the vinyl banner.
- Adhesive Vinyl – nearly limitless applications. Adhesive vinyl does exactly what it says, adheres to things. Adhesive vinyl can be used both indoors and outdoors, and can be fixed onto many different surfaces including metal, wood, brick, tile, and others.
- Mesh Vinyl – great for use outdoors away from walls. Mesh vinyl contains very small holes, which allow light and air through. This makes mesh vinyl a great choice for placement in the open, without having to worry about wind conditions putting stress on the apparatus the banner is attached to.
Where are Vinyl Banners Used?
The popularity of vinyl printed banners in recent years has caused them to be used in a variety of places some of which include:
- Trade Show Banners
- Construction Sites
- Welcome Signs
- Street Pole Banners
- Window Signs
With all of these features, you can see how effective a solution vinyl banners can be. They offer a low cost option for advertising, durability outdoors, and nearly limitless size and graphics options. Next time you need to advertise a sale, promote an event, or liven up a space you should definitely consider using vinyl banners.